Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu June 18, 2009
TN Legislature Approves Budget
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen is now considering an almost 30 billion dollar state spending plan. The House and Senate passed the budget after days of extensive, and sometimes heated, negotiations between party leaders. The plan, for the budget year beginning July 1, includes over 2 billion dollars in federal stimulus money. But it still reflects a 10 percent reduction in state government spending. The proposal also includes borrowing through bonds for bridge and college building construction projects.