Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 4, 2013
TN Lawmakers Reviewing Textbooks This Week
Tennessee lawmakers are holding hearings this week to review the state's textbook selection process.
The Senate Education Committee and the Senate Government Operations Committee will hold the hearings jointly today and tomorrow.
Lawmakers say the hearings are intended to seek clarity regarding the structure and function of the Tennessee Textbook Commission.
The commission recently came under fire by a group of parents for having adopted textbooks containing alleged inappropriate language and a controversial interpretation of historical facts.
Local school systems choose which textbooks to adopt from the list for a six-year period.