Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 4, 2013
TN Lawmakers Reviewing Textbooks This Week
Tennessee lawmakers are holding hearings this week to review the state's textbook selection process.
The Senate Education Committee and the Senate Government Operations Committee will hold the hearings jointly today and tomorrow.
Lawmakers say the hearings are intended to seek clarity regarding the structure and function of the Tennessee Textbook Commission.
The commission recently came under fire by a group of parents for having adopted textbooks containing alleged inappropriate language and a controversial interpretation of historical facts.
Local school systems choose which textbooks to adopt from the list for a six-year period.