Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu July 18, 2013
TN Labor department to discuss workers' comp changes
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development is holding a series of seminars across the state to explain the Workers' Compensation Reform Act of 2013. The bill removes injured workers' claims from state trial courts and instead creates a special panel appointed by the governor to hear claims and appeals.
The seminars aim to educate employers about the impact of the bill, including ways to avoid workplace injuries and how to better handle them if they occur. The seminars are being put on by the Workers' Compensation Division, the Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce. They take place from July 25 through Aug. 29. A list of seminar dates, times, and locations can be found here.