Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 2, 2008
TN Intercity Bus Service
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Tennessee transportation officials hope to have intercity bus service across the state by January. Officials yesterday announced a $3 and a half million grant from the Federal Transit Agency to help with the project. State Department of Transportation commissioner Gerald Nicely says the goal is for better bus access in more places, particularly rural areas. The funds will be used to buy buses and vans and build bus shelters and bus depots, plus other purposes.