Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 2, 2008
TN Intercity Bus Service
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Tennessee transportation officials hope to have intercity bus service across the state by January. Officials yesterday announced a $3 and a half million grant from the Federal Transit Agency to help with the project. State Department of Transportation commissioner Gerald Nicely says the goal is for better bus access in more places, particularly rural areas. The funds will be used to buy buses and vans and build bus shelters and bus depots, plus other purposes.