Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed February 13, 2013
TN House takes up parking lot guns bill
Tennessee House leaders who last year fended off a bill to overrule businesses seeking to ban firearms in their parking lots appear to be giving up the fight. House Majority Leader Gerald McCormick says he and fellow Republicans just want to put the measure behind them so they can move on to other more pressing issues.
The state Senate passed the bill this week, and it comes up for its first House committee hearing today. The measure allows people with handgun carry permits to store loaded firearms in their vehicles no matter where they are parked. The bill’s opponents include national and international corporations located in Tennessee, like FedEx and Volkswagen.