Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon March 25, 2013
TN House To Hear New Version Of Voter ID Bill
Student identification cards issued by public universities could not be used to vote in Tennessee under legislation scheduled to be heard on the House floor this evening. The measure was amended in a House committee last week to remove the use of student IDs. Less than a week before, the Senate voted 21-8 to pass a bill to allow such IDs.
Republican Representative Susan Lynn sponsors the House measure, and Republican Senator Bill Ketron has the companion bill. Lynn says Ketron is agreeable to the change even though he defeated efforts to remove college IDs from the bill in the Senate. Both versions eliminate library cards as suitable IDs to vote.