Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon March 25, 2013
TN House To Hear New Version Of Voter ID Bill
Student identification cards issued by public universities could not be used to vote in Tennessee under legislation scheduled to be heard on the House floor this evening. The measure was amended in a House committee last week to remove the use of student IDs. Less than a week before, the Senate voted 21-8 to pass a bill to allow such IDs.
Republican Representative Susan Lynn sponsors the House measure, and Republican Senator Bill Ketron has the companion bill. Lynn says Ketron is agreeable to the change even though he defeated efforts to remove college IDs from the bill in the Senate. Both versions eliminate library cards as suitable IDs to vote.