Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 27, 2010
TN Highways Money
Nashville, TN – Tennessee State Transportation Commissioner Jerry Nicely says federal stimulus money for road and bridge projects is being used efficiently and the state could soon get an additional half billion dollars. Nicely says 136 of the state's total 315 highway projects have been completed using $572 million in federal funds issued last year for transportation projects. He says legislation moving through Congress has an
infrastructure component that could provide the state with an "excess of $500 million again." Nicely says the money could come in the "next few weeks."