Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 11, 2009
TN Handgun Law heads to House Floor
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – Tennessee handgun permit holders could carry their weapons where alcohol is served under a proposal headed for a full House vote. The House Judiciary Committee advanced the measure to allow handguns at restaurants where alcohol is available until 11 p.m. Permit holders would still be barred from drinking while carrying. Rep. Janis Baird Sontany raised concerns that the bill does not define who would be responsible for enforcing the 11 p.m. curfew. The bill's Republican sponsor, Rep. Curry Todd, responded that gun owners would risk losing their permits if they were caught violating the law.