Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed March 11, 2009
TN Handgun Law heads to House Floor
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – Tennessee handgun permit holders could carry their weapons where alcohol is served under a proposal headed for a full House vote. The House Judiciary Committee advanced the measure to allow handguns at restaurants where alcohol is available until 11 p.m. Permit holders would still be barred from drinking while carrying. Rep. Janis Baird Sontany raised concerns that the bill does not define who would be responsible for enforcing the 11 p.m. curfew. The bill's Republican sponsor, Rep. Curry Todd, responded that gun owners would risk losing their permits if they were caught violating the law.