Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon April 20, 2009
TN Handgun Bills up for Vote
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee House is scheduled to hear proposals that would allow people with handgun permits to carry their weapons in local and state parks. One bill would let local governments decide where to allow guns. For example, officials could allow them on greenways, but not at ballfields. The other measure, would allow handgun permit holders to carry guns in state parks. Both proposals are up for a full House vote this evening. Both bills are in the Senate Judiciary Committee awaiting a vote.