Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon April 20, 2009
TN Handgun Bills up for Vote
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee House is scheduled to hear proposals that would allow people with handgun permits to carry their weapons in local and state parks. One bill would let local governments decide where to allow guns. For example, officials could allow them on greenways, but not at ballfields. The other measure, would allow handgun permit holders to carry guns in state parks. Both proposals are up for a full House vote this evening. Both bills are in the Senate Judiciary Committee awaiting a vote.