Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon April 20, 2009
TN Handgun Bills up for Vote
By Carrie Pond
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee House is scheduled to hear proposals that would allow people with handgun permits to carry their weapons in local and state parks. One bill would let local governments decide where to allow guns. For example, officials could allow them on greenways, but not at ballfields. The other measure, would allow handgun permit holders to carry guns in state parks. Both proposals are up for a full House vote this evening. Both bills are in the Senate Judiciary Committee awaiting a vote.