Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue March 17, 2009
TN Gun Bills Moving
By Chad Lampe
Nashville, TN – Full floor votes are scheduled for several gun bills that have moved through the Tennessee House. The proposals include allowing gun owners to transport loaded shotguns and rifles in their vehicles, giving current and retired judges the right to carry guns wherever law enforcement officers can and prohibiting the state Safety Department from collecting information about handguns used in training courses. Another measure would clarify the current law to say people can use deadly force to defend their personal property if they think their lives are in danger. House floor votes were scheduled for Thursday.