Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 15, 2009
TN Gubernatorial Candidates Report Funds
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – Three of the top Democratic candidates for Tennessee governor have raised close to 1.6 million dollars through the first six months of the year. But the top three Republican candidates continue to dominate with around 6.3 million dollars. Democratic Senator Roy Herron of Dresden and Jackson businessman Mike McWherter reported Tuesday they each have raised 650-thousand dollars. Former state House Majority Leader Kim McMillan of Clarksville reports raising 200-thousand through the first six months. The Republican candidates released their figures on July 1. Knoxville Mayor Bill Haslam leads the pack with 3.8 million.