Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu June 28, 2012
TN Governor Haslam on SCOTUS ACA Ruling
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says the state will review today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding most of the Affordable Care Act to fully understand its impact.
Haslam says he believes the healthcare law will cost Tennessee hundreds of millions of dollars and will do nothing to address rising healthcare costs. The Governor says he did not anticipate the court’s opinion that states could not be forced to expand their Medicaid programs. Haslam says this portion is significant, but it’s premature to know the exact ramifications.