Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu June 28, 2012
TN Governor Haslam on SCOTUS ACA Ruling
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says the state will review today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding most of the Affordable Care Act to fully understand its impact.
Haslam says he believes the healthcare law will cost Tennessee hundreds of millions of dollars and will do nothing to address rising healthcare costs. The Governor says he did not anticipate the court’s opinion that states could not be forced to expand their Medicaid programs. Haslam says this portion is significant, but it’s premature to know the exact ramifications.