Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu June 28, 2012
TN Governor Haslam on SCOTUS ACA Ruling
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says the state will review today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding most of the Affordable Care Act to fully understand its impact.
Haslam says he believes the healthcare law will cost Tennessee hundreds of millions of dollars and will do nothing to address rising healthcare costs. The Governor says he did not anticipate the court’s opinion that states could not be forced to expand their Medicaid programs. Haslam says this portion is significant, but it’s premature to know the exact ramifications.