Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu June 28, 2012
TN Governor Haslam on SCOTUS ACA Ruling
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says the state will review today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding most of the Affordable Care Act to fully understand its impact.
Haslam says he believes the healthcare law will cost Tennessee hundreds of millions of dollars and will do nothing to address rising healthcare costs. The Governor says he did not anticipate the court’s opinion that states could not be forced to expand their Medicaid programs. Haslam says this portion is significant, but it’s premature to know the exact ramifications.