Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu June 28, 2012
TN Governor Haslam on SCOTUS ACA Ruling
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says the state will review today’s U.S. Supreme Court decision upholding most of the Affordable Care Act to fully understand its impact.
Haslam says he believes the healthcare law will cost Tennessee hundreds of millions of dollars and will do nothing to address rising healthcare costs. The Governor says he did not anticipate the court’s opinion that states could not be forced to expand their Medicaid programs. Haslam says this portion is significant, but it’s premature to know the exact ramifications.