Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 3, 2013
TN Faith Group Joins Opposition To 'Ag Gag' Bill
Members of the Tennessee faith community are expressing their opposition to a bill that would make it a crime to video record animal abuse if it isn't turned over to law enforcement authorities within 48 hours. The director of Clergy for Justice and another minister delivered a letter to Gov. Bill Haslam this week asking him to veto the bill, which is drawing opposition from other groups and even some celebrities.
Critics say the bill would put an end to extended undercover operations targeting animal abuse. The governor's office has yet to receive the bill from the General Assembly.