Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 29, 2010
TN Early Voting Lower Than Predicted
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – Tennessee early voting turnouts fell short of expectations. Election officials predicted one million ballots would be filled out ahead of November 2nd. But yesterday's final tally showed voters cast a little less than 737,000 early and absentee ballots. Elections spokesman Blake Fontenay says even though they didn't meet the prediction, it's still the state's second highest turnout for a November mid-term election.