Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu August 30, 2012
TN Dems seek delay in certifying August primary
Tennessee Democratic leaders are asking for a delay in certifying the August primary results after reports voting machines defaulted to the Republican primary ballot. Top Democrats in the state legislature sent Secretary of State Tre Hargett a letter yesterday stating voting apparatus should never default to one party or another and calling for a full investigation. An analysis of August voting showed a 27 percent increase in Democratic turnout, compared with a 350 percent increase in Republican turnout.