Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 30, 2012
TN Dems seek delay in certifying August primary
Tennessee Democratic leaders are asking for a delay in certifying the August primary results after reports voting machines defaulted to the Republican primary ballot. Top Democrats in the state legislature sent Secretary of State Tre Hargett a letter yesterday stating voting apparatus should never default to one party or another and calling for a full investigation. An analysis of August voting showed a 27 percent increase in Democratic turnout, compared with a 350 percent increase in Republican turnout.