Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 30, 2012
TN Dems seek delay in certifying August primary
Tennessee Democratic leaders are asking for a delay in certifying the August primary results after reports voting machines defaulted to the Republican primary ballot. Top Democrats in the state legislature sent Secretary of State Tre Hargett a letter yesterday stating voting apparatus should never default to one party or another and calling for a full investigation. An analysis of August voting showed a 27 percent increase in Democratic turnout, compared with a 350 percent increase in Republican turnout.