Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 30, 2012
TN Dems seek delay in certifying August primary
Tennessee Democratic leaders are asking for a delay in certifying the August primary results after reports voting machines defaulted to the Republican primary ballot. Top Democrats in the state legislature sent Secretary of State Tre Hargett a letter yesterday stating voting apparatus should never default to one party or another and calling for a full investigation. An analysis of August voting showed a 27 percent increase in Democratic turnout, compared with a 350 percent increase in Republican turnout.