Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon December 3, 2012
TN Children's Services Scrutinized for Transparency
The Tennessee Department of Children's Services is facing more scrutiny for not providing details on 31 children who died in the first six months of this year while under investigation. The agency released that information in September after repeated requests from a Democratic lawmaker and The Tennessean.
The newspaper says the DCS had denied its requests to review the files related to the child fatalities. DCS General Counsel Douglas Dimond says a child and family’s right to privacy needs to be balanced with the public’s right to know.