Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu July 2, 2009
TN Candidates Raise Big Money in Bad Economy
Nashville, TN – The poor economy doesn't appear to be putting the brakes on fundraising efforts by Republican gubernatorial candidates in Tennessee. Three top candidates for the GOP nomination say they have combined to raise $6.3 million through the first six months of the year. The money totals give a first glimpse at the long campaign to succeed term-limited Democratic Governor Phil Bredesen.