Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed June 13, 2012
TN Board of Regents Recommends Tuition Hike
Tennessee students could see an increase in tuition and fees of more than 7 percent when they return to class this fall.
The finance committee of the state Board of Regents met Tuesday, unanimously recommending increases at its six universities, 13 community colleges and 27 technology centers. The hikes varied, with East Tennessee State University seeing the highest increase at almost seven and a quarter percent. Austin Peay was the lowest at almost three and a half percent. The increases will be presented to the full board when it meets later this month. Regents Chancellor John Morgan says hikes are never welcome, but that these are necessary for the institutions to meet their needs and be effective.