Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed March 21, 2012
TN Bill ending ID requirement for early voting fails
A proposal to allow people to cast early votes in Tennessee without a photo ID has failed in the state House. The measure sponsored by Democratic House Minority Leader Craig Fitzhugh sets up a system for photographing voters at the polling place instead of requiring them to provide government-issued photo identification. The measure failed Tuesday in the House State and Local Government Committee by one vote. A separate measure seeking to do away with the state's new photo ID law altogether was delayed for a week.