Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu July 5, 2012
TN Agency overseeing parole processes gets new name
The agency overseeing the parole process in Tennessee now has a new name. The Board of Probation and Parole is now the Board of Parole.
The change was included in the public safety plan approved by lawmakers during the recent General Assembly session. Under the plan, Tennessee probation and parole officers and other support staff are now employees of the state Department of Correction. Community supervision of adult offenders has also been transferred to the Correction Department. Despite the changes, officials say the board remains an autonomous agency. The board will still conduct hearings and decide on granting or denying parole.