Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 15, 2013
TLI to Establish Operations in Ballard County, Create 20 Jobs
A transportation management company is investing $2.2 million to bring operations to Ballard County and create 20 jobs.
Transport Logistics International Inc. provides engineering services and professional support for packaging and transportation of radioactive material.
Gov. Steve Beshear said Ballard County is a good fit for the company, especially with the logistical advantages the area offers, including the Mississippi and Ohio rivers and a strategic location within the country.
To encourage the investment and job creation in Ballard County, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved the company for tax incentives up to $350,000 through the Kentucky Business Investment program.
The company plans to begin hiring for the new facility in mid-October.