Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu August 15, 2013
TLI to Establish Operations in Ballard County, Create 20 Jobs
A transportation management company is investing $2.2 million to bring operations to Ballard County and create 20 jobs.
Transport Logistics International Inc. provides engineering services and professional support for packaging and transportation of radioactive material.
Gov. Steve Beshear said Ballard County is a good fit for the company, especially with the logistical advantages the area offers, including the Mississippi and Ohio rivers and a strategic location within the country.
To encourage the investment and job creation in Ballard County, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved the company for tax incentives up to $350,000 through the Kentucky Business Investment program.
The company plans to begin hiring for the new facility in mid-October.