Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu August 15, 2013
TLI to Establish Operations in Ballard County, Create 20 Jobs
A transportation management company is investing $2.2 million to bring operations to Ballard County and create 20 jobs.
Transport Logistics International Inc. provides engineering services and professional support for packaging and transportation of radioactive material.
Gov. Steve Beshear said Ballard County is a good fit for the company, especially with the logistical advantages the area offers, including the Mississippi and Ohio rivers and a strategic location within the country.
To encourage the investment and job creation in Ballard County, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved the company for tax incentives up to $350,000 through the Kentucky Business Investment program.
The company plans to begin hiring for the new facility in mid-October.