Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu January 19, 2012
Three Union City Police Officers to be Fired
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Three Union City, Tennessee police officers will be fired from the department after an internal investigation following the arrest of a fourth. Officers Ashley Thompson, Randy O'Dell and David Jones were placed on seven-day suspensions last Friday and will be terminated at the end of the suspension for violating department policies. The internal investigation began after Union City police officer Mike Hogg was arrested in December on charges of filing a false report, insurance fraud and theft. The arrest by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation came after Hogg reported an all-terrain vehicle stolen from his home in 2010. The department fired Hogg December 28th.