Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 19, 2012
Three Union City Police Officers to be Fired
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Three Union City, Tennessee police officers will be fired from the department after an internal investigation following the arrest of a fourth. Officers Ashley Thompson, Randy O'Dell and David Jones were placed on seven-day suspensions last Friday and will be terminated at the end of the suspension for violating department policies. The internal investigation began after Union City police officer Mike Hogg was arrested in December on charges of filing a false report, insurance fraud and theft. The arrest by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation came after Hogg reported an all-terrain vehicle stolen from his home in 2010. The department fired Hogg December 28th.