Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu June 20, 2013
Three New One-Act Plays at Kenlake Twilight Theatre this Summer
A vacation highlight of our region is Twilight Theatre Productions' summer season at Kenlake State Resort Park. It opens this Friday night and features dinner and three new one-act plays by New Yorker Charles Messina, original works performed in professional production. There are Friday and Saturday night shows through August 2. Shirley T. Johnson is the sparkplug behind Twilight Theatre Productions. Her director is actor Charles Edward Hall, whose career started with Mrs Johnson and her husband Robert E. Johnson, for whom the theatre at Murray State University is named. Kate Lochte speaks with Charles Edward Hall.
Charles Edward Hall has portrayed Santa for The Radio City Christmas Spectacular in New York City for over 25 years, but he is here summers to direct for Twilight Theatre Productions dinner theatre at Kenlake State Resort Park. Shows start Friday and continue every Friday and Saturday through August 2. Dinners start at 6:30 and the shows start at 8. Reservations are recommended for dinners by the Wednesdays before each show at 270-436-2399.