Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu November 22, 2012
Three McCracken Co. Schools Qualify for Poetry Out Loud Competition
Three McCracken County school have been chosen to participate in the state Poetry Out Loud National Recitation Contest sposored by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation. Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak high schools will take part in the state finals with 15 other Kentucky high schools. The program is now in its eighth year and encourages high school students to learn about poetry through memorization and recitation. Winner of the state competition receives $200 and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to compete for the national championship.