Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Thu November 22, 2012
Three McCracken Co. Schools Qualify for Poetry Out Loud Competition
Three McCracken County school have been chosen to participate in the state Poetry Out Loud National Recitation Contest sposored by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation. Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak high schools will take part in the state finals with 15 other Kentucky high schools. The program is now in its eighth year and encourages high school students to learn about poetry through memorization and recitation. Winner of the state competition receives $200 and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to compete for the national championship.