Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu November 22, 2012
Three McCracken Co. Schools Qualify for Poetry Out Loud Competition
Three McCracken County school have been chosen to participate in the state Poetry Out Loud National Recitation Contest sposored by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation. Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak high schools will take part in the state finals with 15 other Kentucky high schools. The program is now in its eighth year and encourages high school students to learn about poetry through memorization and recitation. Winner of the state competition receives $200 and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to compete for the national championship.