Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 22, 2012
Three McCracken Co. Schools Qualify for Poetry Out Loud Competition
Three McCracken County school have been chosen to participate in the state Poetry Out Loud National Recitation Contest sposored by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation. Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak high schools will take part in the state finals with 15 other Kentucky high schools. The program is now in its eighth year and encourages high school students to learn about poetry through memorization and recitation. Winner of the state competition receives $200 and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to compete for the national championship.