Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon November 26, 2012
Three Former UTM Football Players Face Robbery, Kidnapping Charges
Three former University of Tennessee at Martin football players face robbery and kidnapping charges. Linebacker Cortez Bowen was removed from the team after he and former players Richard Taylor and Jeremy Anderson allegedly robbed and kidnapped two UTM students at gunpoint earlier this month. A 17-year-old juvenile is also charged in the incident.
The three adults were recently arraigned in Weakley County General Sessions court. A judge set a $150,000 bond for Bowen and Taylor, and ordered Anderson held without bond. The Weakley County Press reports Taylor and Anderson were both dismissed from the UTM football team earlier this year for unspecified rules violations.