Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon November 26, 2012
Three Former UTM Football Players Face Robbery, Kidnapping Charges
Three former University of Tennessee at Martin football players face robbery and kidnapping charges. Linebacker Cortez Bowen was removed from the team after he and former players Richard Taylor and Jeremy Anderson allegedly robbed and kidnapped two UTM students at gunpoint earlier this month. A 17-year-old juvenile is also charged in the incident.
The three adults were recently arraigned in Weakley County General Sessions court. A judge set a $150,000 bond for Bowen and Taylor, and ordered Anderson held without bond. The Weakley County Press reports Taylor and Anderson were both dismissed from the UTM football team earlier this year for unspecified rules violations.