Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 26, 2012
Three Former UTM Football Players Face Robbery, Kidnapping Charges
Three former University of Tennessee at Martin football players face robbery and kidnapping charges. Linebacker Cortez Bowen was removed from the team after he and former players Richard Taylor and Jeremy Anderson allegedly robbed and kidnapped two UTM students at gunpoint earlier this month. A 17-year-old juvenile is also charged in the incident.
The three adults were recently arraigned in Weakley County General Sessions court. A judge set a $150,000 bond for Bowen and Taylor, and ordered Anderson held without bond. The Weakley County Press reports Taylor and Anderson were both dismissed from the UTM football team earlier this year for unspecified rules violations.