Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 18, 2009
Threat Level "Widespread" in Kentucky
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's flu activity level is now widespread according to the Kentucky Department of Public Health. Widespread activity is the highest level of flu activity. It indicates increased outbreaks in at least half of the regions in a state. Kentucky Public Health Commissioner William Hacker says most of the cases are probably swine flu, because it's still too early in the year for widespread seasonal flu. Murray State University is reporting eighteen individuals with flu-like symptoms.