Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 16, 2009
Thousands of Dead Fish Found on Lake Barkley
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, Kentucky – State wildlife experts are investigating what has killed thousands of fish found floating in the Little River Area of Lake Barkley over the weekend. The dead fish were mostly yellow bass. Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Biologist Paul Rister thinks the incident is part of an acute kill likely from a viral or bacterial infection, since few species were affected. Officials are urging boaters and anglers who see dead fish to avoid them because of the unknown bacteria.