Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 16, 2009
Thousands of Dead Fish Found on Lake Barkley
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, Kentucky – State wildlife experts are investigating what has killed thousands of fish found floating in the Little River Area of Lake Barkley over the weekend. The dead fish were mostly yellow bass. Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Biologist Paul Rister thinks the incident is part of an acute kill likely from a viral or bacterial infection, since few species were affected. Officials are urging boaters and anglers who see dead fish to avoid them because of the unknown bacteria.