Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue June 16, 2009
Thousands of Dead Fish Found on Lake Barkley
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, Kentucky – State wildlife experts are investigating what has killed thousands of fish found floating in the Little River Area of Lake Barkley over the weekend. The dead fish were mostly yellow bass. Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Biologist Paul Rister thinks the incident is part of an acute kill likely from a viral or bacterial infection, since few species were affected. Officials are urging boaters and anglers who see dead fish to avoid them because of the unknown bacteria.