Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 29, 2012
Thomas Lattus Incompetent to Stand Trial
The man who allegedly killed Hickman Mayor Charles Murphy in January was found incompetent to stand trial. Police say 30 year-old Thomas Lattus came into the station and stated he had killed the mayor a little after 1 am the night of the murder. Lattus will be committed to Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville to be treated for up to 360 days or until doctors determine he is competent to be tried. Commonwealth Attorney Mike Stacy says he disagrees with the ruling, but he’s confident Lattus will still be prosecuted.