Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed August 29, 2012
Thomas Lattus Incompetent to Stand Trial
The man who allegedly killed Hickman Mayor Charles Murphy in January was found incompetent to stand trial. Police say 30 year-old Thomas Lattus came into the station and stated he had killed the mayor a little after 1 am the night of the murder. Lattus will be committed to Western State Hospital in Hopkinsville to be treated for up to 360 days or until doctors determine he is competent to be tried. Commonwealth Attorney Mike Stacy says he disagrees with the ruling, but he’s confident Lattus will still be prosecuted.