WKMS Sustaining Members are amazing! Together, they make up 37% of all WKMS members and their on-going, renewing monthly support helps the station budget for the year's programming ahead.
So we're celebrating Sustainers the first week of August!
You can join in the fun by thanking a sustainer, checking out the "Sustainer Spotlights" on Facebook next week, or attending one of these special events:
August 1: Sustainer Appreciation Party
- WHERE: Dry Ground Brewing Company in Paducah
- WHEN: 6 to 8 PM
- WHO: You!
- WHAT: Live Music from WKMS Singer-Songwriting Contest Winner, Drew Thompson; free munchies courtesy of Mellow Mushroom,; cookies from our friends at Kirchoff's, special sustainer giveaways, a "Peach Plowed" brew on tap and good times with your fellow WKMS listeners and hosts!
July 31 - August 6:
- We'll have on-air thank you messages, sustainer spotlights, and other special ways to say "thanks" all week long.
August 5: Station Open House
- WHY: See (and hear) your dollars at work!
- WHERE: WKMS Studios (8th Floor Fine Arts Building, Murray State)
- WHEN:10am - noon, come-and-go
- WHAT: Meet the voices you hear on-air, see what the station really looks like, and record something in-studio. Of course there'll be cookies, lemonade, and conversations with your fellow listeners. All with a background of great bluegrass music as we hang out with volunteer Mike Gowen - hosting Music From the Front Porch live.
Sustaining members create the radio that keeps you informed and constantly curious. Don't miss out on the fun! You can become a sustaining member of the station with a gift of $5/month or more anytime.
It's a great way to have a big impact on the station, without having a big impact on your budget all at once.
THANKS SO MUCH TO OUR SUSTAINING MEMBERS!