Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 6, 2009
Thayer Proposes Gambling Constitutional Amendment
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky State Senator Damon Thayer is proposing a constitutional amendment that, if approved by the General Assembly and then voters, would allow video gambling machines in Kentucky. Thayer has filed the legislation in anticipation of the upcoming 2010 legislative session. If voters approve the amendment it would allow additional gambling in counties that already have horse-racing and opt to allow more. Thayer says money collected from additional gambling would go to help Kentucky's horse racing industry and to pay off state debt. Kentucky already allows betting on horse racing, bingo and a state lottery.