Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed March 25, 2009
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – A Tennessee state attorney general says sending or reading text messages while driving falls under a law prohibiting the unsafe operation of a motor vehicle. State Representative Vince Dean requested the opinion after hearing proposed legislation that would fine a person $50 for such behavior while driving.