Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed October 23, 2013
Test your 'Mad' Writing Skills at Madisonville Community College
Madisonville Community College faculty member Scott Vander Ploeg joins Tracy to talk about a Flash Fiction Workshop coming up Saturday, November 2, and featuring Kentucky authors Constance Alexander, Normandi Ellis, and Steven R. Cope.
Flash fiction is a style of fictional literature or fiction of extreme brevity. There is no widely accepted definition of the length of the category. Some self-described markets for flash fiction impose caps as low as three hundred words, while others consider stories as long as a thousand words to be flash fiction.