Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue March 20, 2012
Tennessee's Jobless Face New Requirements for Benefits
Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Karla Davis has warned the state's 56,000 unemployment claimants they’ll soon be required to prove they’re looking for work. Davis says beginning in April, claimants also will be required to meet face-to-face with state job service employees. She says the new requirements will make sure claimants are on track to find employment and not get caught off-guard when their benefits expire. The U.S. Department of Labor issued the new guidelines.