Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 4, 2008
Tennessee Tops Unhealthiest States List
By Carrie Pond
Minnetonka, MN – Tennessee is ranked among the five unhealthiest states for the fifth year in a row. The United Health Foundation ranked Tennessee No. 47 in its 19th annual report, citing high rates of infant mortality, cardiovascular deaths, and violent crime. Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina are behind Tennessee. Kentucky improved by 6 points since last year, ranking in at 37. Illinois is slightly healthier than the Commonwealth, dropping 4 spots to number 31. Vermont tops the healthiest state list for the second consecutive year.