Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue May 15, 2012
Tennessee Students Make Slight Gains in Science
The Nation's Report Card shows Tennessee students making slight gains in science. State education officials say the latest results from the National Assessment of Education Progress show nearly 31 percent of students scoring at or above average in science, compared to 28 percent two years before.
Economically disadvantaged students also made gains in the subject. Tennessee Education Commissioner Kevin Huffman says he's pleased by the upward trend. Tennessee ranks 32 out of the fifty states and the District of Columbia in science assessment results.