Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 15, 2012
Tennessee Students Make Slight Gains in Science
The Nation's Report Card shows Tennessee students making slight gains in science. State education officials say the latest results from the National Assessment of Education Progress show nearly 31 percent of students scoring at or above average in science, compared to 28 percent two years before.
Economically disadvantaged students also made gains in the subject. Tennessee Education Commissioner Kevin Huffman says he's pleased by the upward trend. Tennessee ranks 32 out of the fifty states and the District of Columbia in science assessment results.