Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue April 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets 3rd-Quarter Record
The Tennessee Lottery raised a record 89.9 million dollars for education in the third quarter. It exceeded the old record of just over 79 .5 million in the third quarter of 2006. Lottery officials credit a world record Mega Millions jackpot of $656 million on March 30 and increasingly popular instant games. Lottery board chairman Keith Simmons says the games are on track for a record year.