Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue April 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets 3rd-Quarter Record
The Tennessee Lottery raised a record 89.9 million dollars for education in the third quarter. It exceeded the old record of just over 79 .5 million in the third quarter of 2006. Lottery officials credit a world record Mega Millions jackpot of $656 million on March 30 and increasingly popular instant games. Lottery board chairman Keith Simmons says the games are on track for a record year.