Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 2, 2009
Tennessee Leads in Debt Repayments
Nashville, TN – Tennessee is leading the rest of the country when it comes to the number of bankruptcy petitioners who try to repay their debts with court-approved repayment plans. Regional head of the US Bankruptcy Court's Chapter 13 program Kenneth Still says Tennessee residents repay more money to creditors than states such as California. Of the 63,000 Tennessee Chapter 13 cases as of September, 2008, about $558 million was repaid. That amount was highest in the nation, ranking above Texas and Georgia.