Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 2, 2009
Tennessee Leads in Debt Repayments
Nashville, TN – Tennessee is leading the rest of the country when it comes to the number of bankruptcy petitioners who try to repay their debts with court-approved repayment plans. Regional head of the US Bankruptcy Court's Chapter 13 program Kenneth Still says Tennessee residents repay more money to creditors than states such as California. Of the 63,000 Tennessee Chapter 13 cases as of September, 2008, about $558 million was repaid. That amount was highest in the nation, ranking above Texas and Georgia.