Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed June 27, 2012
Tennessee Lawyers Work Pro Bono
Tennessee court officials report state attorneys are doing more free legal work this year. According to the Board of Professional Responsibility, 46% of Tennessee attorneys report performing pro bono work this year, up 6% from a year ago.
The board says nearly 4,000 lawyers have done more almost 330,000 hours of legal service without charge. The Tennessee Supreme Court has identified increasing pro bono work as a priority in its "access to justice" campaign.