Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed June 27, 2012
Tennessee Lawyers Work Pro Bono
Tennessee court officials report state attorneys are doing more free legal work this year. According to the Board of Professional Responsibility, 46% of Tennessee attorneys report performing pro bono work this year, up 6% from a year ago.
The board says nearly 4,000 lawyers have done more almost 330,000 hours of legal service without charge. The Tennessee Supreme Court has identified increasing pro bono work as a priority in its "access to justice" campaign.