Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
2013 TN General Assembly
Mon February 25, 2013
Tennessee lawmakers to decide fate of supermarket wine
Tennessee lawmakers are poised to decide this week whether a proposal to allow supermarket wine sales moves ahead. The bill to overhaul the current system preventing shoppers from buying wine alongside groceries faces votes in both House and Senate committees this week.
As little as a single vote could decide the bill's fate after months of lobbying. Republican Senator Ken Yager says the vote could fall either way in his Senate State and Local Government Committee, which meets today. House Majority Leader Gerald McCormick says he's uncertain how the House Local Government Committee will vote when the measure comes up tomorrow, but chances of passage are more favorable than they have been before.