Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue February 17, 2009
Tennessee Lawmakers Concerned About Stimulus Funds
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – Tennessee State Transportation Commissioner Jerry Nicely says the state wants to contract all of its federal stimulus money for road and bridge projects by June. But some state lawmakers raised concerns in a Senate Transportation Committee hearing Tuesday that their districts are not adequately represented among the projects that have been deemed ready to get under way. Democratic Senator Doug Jackson is calling for a more geographical balance to where the state spends $572 million in federal money.