Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue July 10, 2012
Tennessee Governor Holds Higher Education Review
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will begin a review of the state's college and university systems at his residence on today.
The meeting will include business, legislative and higher education leaders. Among those to speak will be the deputy director for policy development at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and a research professor and senior economist at the Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce. Haslam will moderate discussions after each presentation. The meeting comes after the University of Tennessee Board of Trustees and the Tennessee Board of Regents voted last month for tuition and fee increases of as much as 8% for the fall.