Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue July 10, 2012
Tennessee Governor Holds Higher Education Review
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will begin a review of the state's college and university systems at his residence on today.
The meeting will include business, legislative and higher education leaders. Among those to speak will be the deputy director for policy development at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and a research professor and senior economist at the Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce. Haslam will moderate discussions after each presentation. The meeting comes after the University of Tennessee Board of Trustees and the Tennessee Board of Regents voted last month for tuition and fee increases of as much as 8% for the fall.