Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue July 10, 2012
Tennessee Governor Holds Higher Education Review
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will begin a review of the state's college and university systems at his residence on today.
The meeting will include business, legislative and higher education leaders. Among those to speak will be the deputy director for policy development at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and a research professor and senior economist at the Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce. Haslam will moderate discussions after each presentation. The meeting comes after the University of Tennessee Board of Trustees and the Tennessee Board of Regents voted last month for tuition and fee increases of as much as 8% for the fall.