Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 25, 2013
Tennessee Governor Creates New Cabinet Position
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has hired a former IBM executive as the state's chief operating officer, a new Cabinet-level position in his administration.
Haslam announced today that Greg Adams’ role as COO will be to promote efficiency and effectiveness in state department operations. He starts his new job July 8 with an annual salary of $165,000.
Adams spent 37 years at IBM, most recently as a managing director in the company's financial services sector.