Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue June 25, 2013
Tennessee Governor Creates New Cabinet Position
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has hired a former IBM executive as the state's chief operating officer, a new Cabinet-level position in his administration.
Haslam announced today that Greg Adams’ role as COO will be to promote efficiency and effectiveness in state department operations. He starts his new job July 8 with an annual salary of $165,000.
Adams spent 37 years at IBM, most recently as a managing director in the company's financial services sector.