Most Active Stories
- Murray Human Rights Commission Postpones Bringing Ordinance Forward To Allow Community Input
- Kentucky CPE President Addresses Criticism of KCTCS Search Transparency
- Billionaire Spent Millions In Charity, But Avoided Mine Fines
- Bob Davies: Board of Regents will Discuss Proposed Tobacco Ban and Employee Raises
- [Live Video] Sounds Good Live Lunch: Dan Cohen Today
Tue June 25, 2013
Tennessee Governor Creates New Cabinet Position
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has hired a former IBM executive as the state's chief operating officer, a new Cabinet-level position in his administration.
Haslam announced today that Greg Adams’ role as COO will be to promote efficiency and effectiveness in state department operations. He starts his new job July 8 with an annual salary of $165,000.
Adams spent 37 years at IBM, most recently as a managing director in the company's financial services sector.