Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 16, 2012
Tennessee Department of Education Releases Teacher Evaluation Recommendation
A Tennessee Department of Education report suggests making student test scores a smaller portion of teachers' evaluations if specific testing data is not available to the teachers.
Teachers have raised concerns about the evaluation strategy since it was first implemented as part of the state’s Race to the Top grant application in 2010. The State Collaborative on Reforming Education came to a similar conclusion in a report released last month. It recommends allowing teachers in subjects without specific testing data to reduce that component to 25 percent of their evaluation.