Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon March 18, 2013
Tennessee Debates Alcohol Expansion In Supermarkets
Who can sell alcohol and where. The debate dates back to liquor laws hashed out at the end of prohibition. Expanding wine sales to supermarkets and corner stores has been the controversy of late. Consumers favor the convenience by big margins, and this year’s proposal looked more promising, until it didn’t. Tennessee Capitol Reporter Blake Farmer talks about the politics of wine in Tennessee with Nashville Public Radio's Bradley George.