Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 18, 2013
Tennessee Debates Alcohol Expansion In Supermarkets
Who can sell alcohol and where. The debate dates back to liquor laws hashed out at the end of prohibition. Expanding wine sales to supermarkets and corner stores has been the controversy of late. Consumers favor the convenience by big margins, and this year’s proposal looked more promising, until it didn’t. Tennessee Capitol Reporter Blake Farmer talks about the politics of wine in Tennessee with Nashville Public Radio's Bradley George.