Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed May 16, 2012
Tennessee Cracks Down on Tattoos
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed a proposal cracking down on the tattooing of minors into law. The law makes it illegal for anyone who is unlicensed to possess tattooing paraphernalia.
The measure also encourages reporting incidents of underage tattooing to the Health Department. Currently, a person under 18 cannot get a tattoo. A 16-year-old can be tattooed to cover up an existing one, but only if a parent or guardian is present.