Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed May 16, 2012
Tennessee Cracks Down on Tattoos
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed a proposal cracking down on the tattooing of minors into law. The law makes it illegal for anyone who is unlicensed to possess tattooing paraphernalia.
The measure also encourages reporting incidents of underage tattooing to the Health Department. Currently, a person under 18 cannot get a tattoo. A 16-year-old can be tattooed to cover up an existing one, but only if a parent or guardian is present.