Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed May 16, 2012
Tennessee Cracks Down on Tattoos
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed a proposal cracking down on the tattooing of minors into law. The law makes it illegal for anyone who is unlicensed to possess tattooing paraphernalia.
The measure also encourages reporting incidents of underage tattooing to the Health Department. Currently, a person under 18 cannot get a tattoo. A 16-year-old can be tattooed to cover up an existing one, but only if a parent or guardian is present.