Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon February 20, 2012
Tennessee Bill Would Aid Unemployed Military Spouses
Military spouses who leave their jobs in Tennessee because of the frequent moves required in the military would be eligible for unemployment benefits under a proposed state bill. The measure moved quickly through the Senate last week after Governor Bill Haslam included $280,000 for the bill in his fiscal year budget proposal. With thousands of soldiers based at Fort Campbell, the state estimates about a third of military personnel are transferred each year. According to the fiscal note attached to the bill, this means more than 3,000 spouses in Tennessee have to move their families to follow their soldiers to a new military post.