Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
2013 TN General Assembly
Mon April 15, 2013
Tennessee Animal Cruelty Bill May Not Be What It Seems
The Tennessee legislature is wrapping up its session. Most of the high-profile issues have been settled for the year, but minor skirmishes remain -- one dealing with animal cruelty.
A bill would require that activists go to the police immediately if they uncover evidence of abuse. But those activists say it’s a sham.
Nashville Public Radio’s Bradley George talks about the proposed law with capitol reporter Blake Farmer.
Copyright 2013 WPLN. To see more, visit http://www.wpln.org/.