Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
2013 TN General Assembly
Mon April 15, 2013
Tennessee Animal Cruelty Bill May Not Be What It Seems
The Tennessee legislature is wrapping up its session. Most of the high-profile issues have been settled for the year, but minor skirmishes remain -- one dealing with animal cruelty.
A bill would require that activists go to the police immediately if they uncover evidence of abuse. But those activists say it’s a sham.
Nashville Public Radio’s Bradley George talks about the proposed law with capitol reporter Blake Farmer.
Copyright 2013 WPLN. To see more, visit http://www.wpln.org/.