Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
2013 TN General Assembly
Mon April 15, 2013
Tennessee Animal Cruelty Bill May Not Be What It Seems
The Tennessee legislature is wrapping up its session. Most of the high-profile issues have been settled for the year, but minor skirmishes remain -- one dealing with animal cruelty.
A bill would require that activists go to the police immediately if they uncover evidence of abuse. But those activists say it’s a sham.
Nashville Public Radio’s Bradley George talks about the proposed law with capitol reporter Blake Farmer.
Copyright 2013 WPLN. To see more, visit http://www.wpln.org/.