Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon September 7, 2009
Tennessee Airport Bids Approved
By Angela Hatton
Union City, TN – A runway extension project at Tennessee's Everett-Stewart Regional Airport is moving forward after the board approved design bids. The TriCounty Star reports the board had approved up to 3.2 million dollars for the work. Most bids came in well below that amount due to the depressed economy. Work on other airport improvement projects are continuing with a new security system set for completion this week. Ongoing work includes increased fencing, and a new fuel farm area for refueling planes.