Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon December 30, 2013
TennCare Awards Managed Care Contracts
The Bureau of TennCare has awarded managed care contracts to AmeriGroup, BlueCare Tennessee and UnitedHealthcare.
The contracts were signed Friday and take effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
They last for three years with a possible one-year extension. Tennessee Health Care Finance and Administration Deputy Commissioner Darin Gordon said in a news release on the contract awards that all three managed care organizations have a proven ability to efficiently administer TennCare's benefits package of physical, behavioral and long term care services.
The organizations will receive set monthly payments to manage and deliver care to members.
TennCare is the state's Medicaid program that provides health care for 1 point 2 million Tennesseans.