Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 30, 2013
TennCare Awards Managed Care Contracts
The Bureau of TennCare has awarded managed care contracts to AmeriGroup, BlueCare Tennessee and UnitedHealthcare.
The contracts were signed Friday and take effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
They last for three years with a possible one-year extension. Tennessee Health Care Finance and Administration Deputy Commissioner Darin Gordon said in a news release on the contract awards that all three managed care organizations have a proven ability to efficiently administer TennCare's benefits package of physical, behavioral and long term care services.
The organizations will receive set monthly payments to manage and deliver care to members.
TennCare is the state's Medicaid program that provides health care for 1 point 2 million Tennesseans.