Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 30, 2013
TennCare Awards Managed Care Contracts
The Bureau of TennCare has awarded managed care contracts to AmeriGroup, BlueCare Tennessee and UnitedHealthcare.
The contracts were signed Friday and take effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
They last for three years with a possible one-year extension. Tennessee Health Care Finance and Administration Deputy Commissioner Darin Gordon said in a news release on the contract awards that all three managed care organizations have a proven ability to efficiently administer TennCare's benefits package of physical, behavioral and long term care services.
The organizations will receive set monthly payments to manage and deliver care to members.
TennCare is the state's Medicaid program that provides health care for 1 point 2 million Tennesseans.