Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu July 23, 2009
Tenn. State Sen. Stanley Sex Scandal
Clarksville, TN – An Austin Peay State University student's relationship with Tennessee State Senator Paul Stanley is the target of blackmailing efforts. A memory disk containing explicit pictures of Stanley and APSU student intern McKensie Morrison made it into the hands of Joel Watts who was also in a relationship with Morrison. Stanley and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation recorded the exchange of 10,000 dollars from Stanley for the photos after which Watts was immediately taken into custody. Watts is charged with extortion and currently awaiting indictment from a Grand Jury. In lieu of these events Senator Stanley has stepped down from the Senate Commerce Committee chairman seat.